Get started with R in two days
An online and in-person workshop by Olivier Simard-Casanova
Book a seat at the introductory price of 400 USD
You can also book private online and in-person sessions. Learn more →
Bonjour ! My name is Olivier Simard-Casanova. I am an independent economist, data scientist and writer — and I am the host of this workshop.
Have you ever wanted to learn R, but were too busy to explore the Internet to find a good introduction? I am offering you one with this workshop I specifically designed for busy people.
What you will learn
- How to work productively with R, RStudio and the popular Tidyverse
- How to import and prepare your data
- How to do basics and advanced statistics
- How to make beautiful plots
- How to make your code future-proof
- How to dive deeper into R
The workshop is based on my online course. Feel free to have a look at the lessons. The first four lessons are free.
What the workshop is
- The workshop is interactive. You will write R code. If you get stuck or have a question, I'm immediately available for you.
- The workshop is for everyone, regardless of your field (you do not need to be an economist to attend the workshop) and experience with R and writing code.
- The workshop will not just teach you the basics of R. The workshop will also teach you how to work productively with R, and how to learn more by yourself post-completion. Busy people need to work productively — today, but also tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
- The workshop is built upon my personal knowledge and experience. I wrote my first line of R code in 2014 during my PhD. I learned R all by myself. The workshop is the workshop I wish I had when I got started in 2014. When you are a busy person, you do not have the luxury to spend years learning by trial-and-error.
- The workshop will teach you how to use R in real life. Things often do not go according to plan. A good introduction is an introduction where you learn how to recover quickly when it happens.
- The workshop is based on, and comes with access to, my online course. When you book a seat for a session, you get immediate access to the online course as well.
- Thanks to the online course, you can easily search its content and go back to it post-completion.
- The workshop is enjoyable and rewarding. Writing code is great, learning is great. And R, RStudio and the Tidyverse are also great!
What the workshop is not
- The workshop is not a comprehensive introductory course. You will learn what you need to use R productively. No more, no less.
- The workshop is not a crash course. We will not cut corners.
- The workshop is not a lecture. I sure will explain things, but you will actively participate in the workshop by writing R code in RStudio.
Attend the online workshop
I host multiple sessions of the online workshop through the year. I offer them in Paris time, Eastern time and Pacific time.
How it works
For each session of the online workshop, I open ten seats at most. It is a deliberate decision, so that I can be fully available to help you and answer your questions during the workshop.
- In Paris time, each day of the workshop starts at 9h and ends at 17h30 (in local time).
- In Eastern and Pacific time, each day of the workshop starts at 8am and ends at 4:30pm (in local time).
- Once you have booked your seat, you will immediately gain access to the online course and its perks.
- Online sessions are hosted on Microsoft Teams. Thanks to PowerPoint Live, each attendee can independently navigate in my slides. Microsoft Teams also offers live captions.
- I will share the Microsoft Teams link and the final logistical details a few days before the workshop by email.
Book a seat
What you get
See available dates and book
- A seat for the online workshop
- Immediate access to the online course
- One year of access to DictionR, my collection of ready-to-use snippets of R code
- Terms apply
No seats left? Not available at the date of the online sessions? Subscribe by email to get notified when new sessions will open!
You can also add the CodeHub public calendar to your calendar by subscribing to the following iCal feed:
Book a private session
I offer online and in-person private sessions
I offer private online and in-person sessions of the workshop in Europe, Africa, and America (North, Central, and South). I can give the workshop in French and in English. To learn more and book your private session, please contact me.